So I thought I’d do something a little different for this post and do a post about what I’m most excited to read during the summer. LETS BEGIN….
1. Okay so this is my next read and something I’ve been dying to read since I heard about it from my friend Katrine (@bookish.insta on Instagram check her out!!) is…… *drum roll* ….. All The Bright Places by Jeniffer Niven!!! I’m so so excited to read this as I’ve heard so so so many great things about this book!
Theodore Finch is fascinated by death. Every day he thinks of ways he might die, but every day he also searches for – and manages to find – something to keep him alone, and awake.
Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her small Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister’s death.
When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school – six stories above the ground – it’s unclear who saves whom. And when the unlikely pair teams up in a class project to discover the ‘natural wonders’ of their state, they go, as Finch says, where the road takes them: the grand, the small, the bizarre, the beautiful, the ugly, the suprising – just like life.
Soon it’s only with Violet that Finch can be himself – a bold, funny, live-out-loud guy, who’s not such a freak after all. And it’s only with Finch that Violet forgets to count away the days and starts living them. But as Violet’s world grows, Finch’s begins to shrink
2. Okay so next up is a book I hadn’t actually heard of until I found it in Waterstones whilst skimming through the shelves of the YA section and this book is…. *drum roll* …. Unspeakable by Abbie Rushton!!! After reading the blurb of this book I was enthralled to read it and purchased it straight away! Also as an amazing bonus I managed to purchase a signed copy!!!
Megan doesn’t speak. She hasn’t spoken in months.
Pushing away the people she cares about is just a small price to pay. Because there are things locked inside Megan’s head – things that are screaming to be heard – that she cannot, must not, let out.
Then Jasmine starts at school: bubbly, beautiful, talkative Jasmine. And for reasons Megan can’t quite understand, life starts to look a bit brighter.
Megan would love to speak again, and it’s seems like Jasmine might be the answer. But if she finds her voice, will she lose everything else?
3. Okay so next up is a book I got not long ago with a title that screams summer and sun…. *drum roll* …. I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson!!! This is another book where I read the blurb and was like “OMG I NEED TO READ THAT” so of course I bought it right away and I cannot wait to read this!
Jus and her twin Noah are close until tragedy drives them apart. Now they are barely speaking – and both falling for boys they can’t have. Love’s complicated.
4. Okay so this book is one I’ve heard a ton about from my friend Emma, she told me how amazing it is and I cannot wait to see so for myself! This book is…. *drum roll* … This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales!!!
All her life Elise Dembowski has been an outsider.
Starting a new school, she dreams of fitting in at last – but when her best attempts at popularity fail, she almost gives up. Then she stumbles upon a secret warehouse party. There, at night, Elise can be a different person, making real friends, falling in love for the first time and finding her true passion – DJing.
But when her real and secret lives collide, she has to make a decision once and for all: just who is the real Elise?
5. Okay so lastly a book I absolutely cannot wait to read after again finding in Waterstones while searching throughly the YA section is… *drum roll* …. We All Looked Up by Tommy Wallach!!! As soon as I read the blurb I knew I wanted to read this book. It sound so interesting and eye-opening so I cannot wait to read this!
Before the asteroid we let ourselves be defined by labels: the athlete, the outcast, the slacker, the overacheiver. But then we all looked up and everything changed.
They said it would be here in two months. That gave us two months to leave our labels behind. Two months to become something bigger than what we’d been, something that would last even the end.
Two months to really live.
Thank You for Reading if you’d like to see more posts like this please Like / Comment and let me know 🙂
Please check out my bookstagram where I post pictures of things I’m reading / books I love daily. @beccareadsbooks on Instagram <- click to view.